Digitization of Banking agent path (Digital Transformation)
Find out how we built a Banking System on mobile (Digital)
I — Presentation
i. What are we trying to build?
We are trying to develop a Mobile Application for “Alamana agents” so that they can conduct their daily activities with a single click anytime and anywhere.
ii. Importance of building this system?
- Simplify, optimize and automate the processes to get the most out of performance
- Reactivity in the face of change reinforced thanks to digitized and easily modifiable processes
- New corporate culture based on collaboration and information sharing
- Optimized agent and customer experience thanks to agent Journey Mapping and the definition
- Ecological benefits : result in eliminating paperwork
I I— Team and Roles
- In this project, we were Testers, developers, project Director and Information System Director from “Alamana” and External Developers from another Company .
- Back-End Developers to realize the Back-end tasks with “COBOL”,and to communicate with the Internal Information System “Evolan” which is Sopra Banking product, Java For making API and create web services to make the communication between front and Internal System Possible, and PHP to personalize the API uses and Make it relevant to the Front-End need.
To test application functionalities and features and see if all cases are treated and got the result wanted.
especially the Integration , Regression Performance and Stress Testing
iii. Scrum Master
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum by helping everyone understand, Respect Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
iv. Architecture and Manager
Architectural managers are responsible for planning, directing and coordinating projects. They conduct research to determine what materials and equipment will be needed and propose budgets that reflect the scope of each project. They also hire employees to complete various tasks, providing set schedules and training for both staff members and managers.
III — Project Management
The project conducted with Scrum as a framework which is : an agile framework for developing, delivering, and sustaining complex products, It is designed for teams of ten or fewer members, who break their work into goals that can be completed within time-boxed iterations, called sprints, no longer than one month and most commonly two weeks.
IV — Deployment
- Manual Deployment
The first deployment done with the manual mode with installing the mobile application on every tablet for Testing and start Working .
Back end deployed in Tomcat for Java and Xampp for PHP application
- Automatic Deployment
After the first deployment we start using the automatic deployment which is a form of deployment where the defined steps for shipping code from a development environment to test/production environment is a one-step procedure and fully or partially automated.
V — My Role
In this project I have done Many Tasks :
i. Development: As I’m Full Stack developer i worked on this project as back-end Developer with Java(JAX-WS Framework) to connect the Information System developed with COBOL and Sopra Ebanking System Evolan , with the Front-End
ii. Test: Unit testing, and integration Test.
iii. Deployment: Deployment of the code developed manually to Tomcat Server.
iv. Communication with other developers and presentation of project to managers and directors:
Daily communication (Standup meeting )with all team members from other developers to present tasks that I have done and what I will do in that day and if i have any problems we try to find solutions, weekly communication with Manager to present the team advancement and every month to the Director, also the communication with other partners such as Sopra Ebanking developers to exchange information and fix the problems and bugs found in their system.
v. Write technical documentation: writing technical Documentation of the services done and the test cases and writing Java Doc represent every web service and every function what it dose and the input and output .
V I— Result
- Based on the number of agents who uses the application we got +1500 new client in First two months with only 4 agents which give +10% compare to two the same months last year.
- In the first year the Expected results annually is +15% new clients and plus 20% new contracts.
If you are interested in Java or Scrum or making websites and Applications , make sure to check out my portfolio and to contact Me !
Thanks to All teams Who contributed to this work